Translate Me!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Confessions of a Jane Austen Junkie

I am a junkie; nothing in this world could make me otherwise. Now, before you get the idea that I'm confessing to something outrageous, like a drug addiction, know that it's nothing of the sort. I'm not that kind of a junkie nor do I ever intend to become one. I am a Jane Austen Junkie. Every day of my life has some connection to that world of centuries past that comes to life every time I open the pages of those great novels. I live and breathe great Classic Literature, it is embedded in my being the same as my heart beast steadfastly in my chest, only to cease when I take my final breaths.

My love of literature started with a simple birthday present, a new copy of "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. I was twelve and already an avid reader of those simple children's books that were easily supplied from my school library. My dad gave it to me, told me it was one of his favorite books, and that I'd love it forever. He couldn't have been more right!

So now at twenty-one I have a massive library full of the "great novels". However, for every book on those lovely shelves I've got an extra lovely life issue to deal with. There are lots of small ones and a couple major ones that I'm now honing in on solving. I don't know how I will manage, but I know that Jane will help me through and for now that's fine with me! My journey begins at this singular moment, and if anyone is reading this I hope that as I figure these things out maybe you'll find something worthwhile in my journey. So Cheers to the Future!

















No comments:

Post a Comment